International Day of Monuments and Sites 2017: Serralves
18th April 2017, Serralves, Oporto, Portugal
On 18th April 2017, the Serralves Museum will celebrate the International Day of Monuments and Sites with a guided tour to the exhibition Álvaro Siza Vieira: Visions of Alhambra and the debate Património Arquitectónico e Intervenção Contemporânea [Architectural Heritage and Contemporary Intervention] with several speakers [see the list below] including Docomomo International President, Prof. Ana Tostões, and moderation of Álvaro Siza Vieira: Visions of Alhambra exhibition curator, António Choupinha.
- José Aguiar (ICOMOS – PORTUGAL)
- Ana Paula Amendoeira (ICOMOS – PORTUGAL)
- Roberto Cremascoli (CO-COMMISSIONER OF THE PORTUGUESE REPRESENTATION AT THE 2016 BIENNIAL OF VENICE)
- Nuno Grande (CO-COMMISSIONER OF THE PORTUGUESE REPRESENTATION AT THE 2016 BIENNIAL OF VENICE)
- Ann Pitt (WENWORTH INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, BOSTON)
- Nuno Sampaio (DIRECTOR-EXECUTIVE OF THE PORTUGUESE CENTER OF ARCHITECTURE)
- Ana Tostões (DOCOMOMO INTERNATIONAL)
Note: The debate will be in Portuguese and English, with simultaneous translation.
Location: Serralves Auditorium
Capacity: 250 people
Access: free, with a ticket pickup on the day from 5:30 p.m.
More details: website [english] + website [portuguese]