Visit: Site Le Corbusier in Firminy
July - August, Site Le Corbusier, Firminy, France
"The Site Le Corbusier, an international site of Modern Architecture.
This unique site is composed of: The Maison de la Culture (cultural centre), the Stadium, the church Saint-Pierre, the Swimming Pool, and the Unité d’Habitation (housing unit with a show-appartment, a nursery school, and a top-roof with its splendid open-air theatre and a breathtaking view on the surroundings)."
Guided tours from Monday to Saturday:
Enter the city to discover the vertical habitat 60s designed by the master of modern architecture, Le Corbusier. The discovery of the church will complement this architectural stroll with its play of lights and reverb effects.
- 10:15 Unit d´Habitation and church
- 14h30: Unité d´Habitation
Guided tours on Sundays:
- 10h30: Church and design exhibition
- 14h30: House of Culture and backstage
The appointments of summer at 16h:
- Friday, July 31: Family visit to the Unité d´Habitation. From 6 years.
- Monday, August 3: visit the House of Culture and Church.
- Thursday, August 6: family visit the Unité d´Habitation. From 6 years.
- Thursday, August 13: visit to the church family. From 6 years.
- Friday, August 21: visit the House of Culture and Church.
More details: Website.